Company History

Trombetta was founded in 1932 by Panfilo Trombetta. Trombetta made specialty solenoids in the early days. In the early 1980's, the P/Q 600 series Solenoid was developed for diesel engines to handle throttle control and fuel shut down.

In 2001, a company called Camdec was acquired to complement the existing solenoid product line. Camdec brought a line of legacy style DC contactors used in the Lawn & Garden Industry. In 2001, we established production in China for the high volume Lawn & Garden products. Today, Trombetta offers several new DC Contactors that have expanded business into the Ag & Construction, PowerSport, Hydraulic, Heavy Truck, and Electric Vehicle markets. 

In 2007, Trombetta merged with a company called Tympanium who manufactured Voltage Regulators for the PowerSport and Lawn & Garden Markets in Malden, MA. The combination of the two companies - product offerings, and capabilities - led to several new opportunities within our customer base. Shortly after, 2009, Trombetta acquired a company called A.W. Pratt to strengthen our position within the Lawn & Garden Market.

Trombetta continued to expand manufacturing capabilities and established production facilities in Tijuana, Mexico (2008) and Wuxi, China (2014).  In 2016 Trombetta aquired another company called EDI that product offering focuses on CAN bus products used in all of Trombetta's target industries mentioned above.